Feature Requests / Feedback

An all-in-one SEO tool and the first to create the seamless workflow.
Our finest creation to date.

Re: Feature Requests / Feedback

Postby dynamind » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi Edwin,

as I mentioned earlier in the supprt section a Web of Trust check would make sense, cause we really don't like to generate links from bad sites for our clients.
A callback request with the mywot-api can be done simply as

Code: Select all
http://api.mywot.com/0.4/public_link_json?hosts=example.com/www.example.com/&callback=process

This callback works even through proxies. I just checked the result with a simple php script sending the request with curl.
You can find a more detailled guide here » http://www.mywot.com/en/blog/adding-rat ... ur-website or in the WOT Wiki http://www.mywot.com/wiki/API#Example
Even a JSON/XML feedback from mywot can be done:

http://api.mywot.com/0.4/public_query2?target=example.com
dynamind

Postby EdwinBrian » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:18 am

dynamind wrote:Hi Edwin,

as I mentioned earlier in the supprt section a Web of Trust check would make sense, cause we really don't like to generate links from bad sites for our clients.
A callback request with the mywot-api can be done simply as

http://api.mywot.com/0.4/public_link_json?hosts=example.com/www.example.com/&callback=process

This callback works even through proxies. I just checked the result with a simple php script sending the request with curl.
You can find a more detailled guide here » http://www.mywot.com/en/blog/adding-rat ... ur-website or in the WOT Wiki http://www.mywot.com/wiki/API#Example
Even a JSON/XML feedback from mywot can be done:

http://api.mywot.com/0.4/public_query2?target=example.com

It is part of our to-do list. ;) We have already look at it but it will only be implemented in one of the future release.
EdwinBrian
Founder

Postby marketfurther » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:21 pm

I would like the ability to update bookmarking info across multiple sites within a task. So let's say I paste in 500 URL's and I want to use the same spun title, description, and tags for all of those url's. Right now I can accomplish this with Excel and a CSV import, but it seems like if I have multiple sites selected (highlighted blue) then whatever I type into the input fields should apply to all selected sites. This would save time and prevent me from having to mess with Excel. Cheers!
Set up a new Ultimate Demon tasks in less than a minute with free content: http://bit.ly/demon-content. It's as simple as copy and paste. A "must have" for Ultimate Demon users!
marketfurther

Postby EdwinBrian » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:00 am

marketfurther wrote:I would like the ability to update bookmarking info across multiple sites within a task. So let's say I paste in 500 URL's and I want to use the same spun title, description, and tags for all of those url's. Right now I can accomplish this with Excel and a CSV import, but it seems like if I have multiple sites selected (highlighted blue) then whatever I type into the input fields should apply to all selected sites. This would save time and prevent me from having to mess with Excel. Cheers!

We will release a new version 2mrw, where you can apply 1 bookmark details, the title, description and tags to all selected web pages.
Heres a screenshoot, hopefully it is what you are looking for ;)
EdwinBrian
Founder

Postby marketfurther » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:17 am

This new update is AWESOME! So many requested features implemented. You guys are great at listening and implementing feedback. 3 Cheers!
Okay, I'm off to go duplicate some tasks (my favorite new feature).
Set up a new Ultimate Demon tasks in less than a minute with free content: http://bit.ly/demon-content. It's as simple as copy and paste. A "must have" for Ultimate Demon users!
marketfurther

Postby Zauberer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Please provide us with a start/stop/pause Button for every task that I can create. Just another column (first column) with the button where I can activate/stop every task seperately. Sorry but the actual handling is a crap and horrible.
Zauberer

Postby marketfurther » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Right now you can pause certain tasks by highlighting them in the task list and clicking the drop down arrow next to the pause button and choose "Pause Selected". But I agree that a pause button in the task window would be simpler.
marketfurther

Postby kevin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:55 pm

marketfurther wrote:
Zauberer wrote:Please provide us with a start/stop/pause Button for every task that I can create. Just another column (first column) with the button where I can activate/stop every task seperately. Sorry but the actual handling is a crap and horrible.

Right now you can pause certain tasks by highlighting them in the task list and clicking the drop down arrow next to the pause button and choose "Pause Selected". But I agree that a pause button in the task window would be simpler.

Having the start/stop button in the task panel is part of our to-do list. You will see it in one of our future releases. :)
kevin
Partner

Postby mklynx » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:18 pm

There are just 2 things that i am missing from the other tools i was using from edwinsoft.

1 The retention of previous filled in value's. Now when i need to fill in all fields all the time. And i do a lot of standard work so the value's are the same for a lot of things.

2 In bookmark demon it dispersed your bookmarks over random accounts not just 1 account i found that very use full.

Marcel Koert
mklynx

Postby kevin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:39 pm

mklynx wrote:There are just 2 things that i am missing from the other tools i was using from edwinsoft.

1 The retention of previous filled in value's. Now when i need to fill in all fields all the time. And i do a lot of standard work so the value's are the same for a lot of things.

2 In bookmark demon it dispersed your bookmarks over random accounts not just 1 account i found that very use full.

Marcel Koert

On the retention of previous values, are you referring to a dropdown that will display previous entered values when you create a new account profile?

For random accounts, UD handles it differently. You have to random the profile instead. Since spinning is supported in the account creation process, you can still achieve very similar effect when compared to BMD.

Furthermore it allows you to have more control as you get to pick which account have what bookmarks. Overall, we feel that this is a better approach.
kevin
Partner

Postby Griddler » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:24 am

Ability to manage emails in groups for specific accounts/profiles.

Is there a re-livelink checker? (thought I saw one, but I don´t find it anymore).

Edit: Start/Stop Button I want on the task section too :)
Griddler

Postby kevin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:14 am

Griddler wrote:Ability to manage emails in groups for specific accounts/profiles.

I will need you to elaborate a little more on this.

Griddler wrote:Is there a re-livelink checker? (thought I saw one, but I don´t find it anymore).

Only available to article tasks. Open the task log and click on any item. You will see the [Recheck live link] button on the toolbar.

Griddler wrote:Edit: Start/Stop Button I want on the task section too :)

Got it. :)
kevin
Partner

Postby hsharma » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:43 pm

The ability to create accounts and upload documents on Document Sharing Sites will be a good addition to the software.
hsharma

Postby EdwinBrian » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm

hsharma wrote:The ability to create accounts and upload documents on Document Sharing Sites will be a good addition to the software.

I will look into it ;)
EdwinBrian
Founder

Postby Zauberer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:36 am

Thanks for changing the start/stop usability. I`m glad to hear that it will be on the stack. When will you release the next version (hopefully with start/stop inserted) ?
Zauberer

Postby EdwinBrian » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Zauberer wrote:Thanks for changing the start/stop usability. I`m glad to hear that it will be on the stack. When will you release the next version (hopefully with start/stop inserted) ?

We will release it with the new wiki feature :D
EdwinBrian
Founder

Postby marketfurther » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:01 am

kevin wrote:For random accounts, UD handles it differently. You have to random the profile instead. Since spinning is supported in the account creation process, you can still achieve very similar effect when compared to BMD.

Furthermore it allows you to have more control as you get to pick which account have what bookmarks. Overall, we feel that this is a better approach.

In some ways I like the way BMD does this as well. How about a hybrid approach... some means of automatically picking random accounts (optionally out of a specified pool) and generating the tasks from there. This is especially useful for the high PR sites like Digg, etc where we want lots of accounts hitting the same link in an effort to make it go viral. But we don't always want the same accounts hitting every link. This is the only task that BMD can outperform UD.

Also, the other suggestion about software directories would be pretty sweet as well. The wiki module is way more important, but soft submits can be useful for diversity too. Excited to here wiki is coming so soon! What platforms are you going to support at the start?

How's it coming with more web2's from phpbuilt's list on BHW? Would love to see some more high-pr web2's. Since they are really the anchor for everything else, having as many quality sites as possible is key. Cheers!
marketfurther

Postby oneder » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:14 pm

I'd like to put in my vote for bookmarking to random profiles if possible too. Been doing that in Magic Submitter and seems to work well but working with alot of accounts is hard in that program.

Speaking of which, I'm excited to here about the Wiki feature coming up. Gonna drop MS for UD as you guys are doing a great job on it. I'm two weeks in on my first month, and the features you have built in already are well done and well thought out.
oneder

Postby kevin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:59 am

oneder wrote:I'd like to put in my vote for bookmarking to random profiles if possible too. Been doing that in Magic Submitter and seems to work well but working with alot of accounts is hard in that program.
marketfurther wrote:In some ways I like the way BMD does this as well. How about a hybrid approach... some means of automatically picking random accounts (optionally out of a specified pool) and generating the tasks from there. This is especially useful for the high PR sites like Digg, etc where we want lots of accounts hitting the same link in an effort to make it go viral. But we don't always want the same accounts hitting every link. This is the only task that BMD can outperform UD.

The randomness in UD work pretty much the same way as BMD. The only differences is that BMD randomly picks an user account while UD picks an account tied to the email address.

I will use an example to illustrate why both approach produce the same end results:

BMD:
  • randomly pick accountA (uses email1 @ address.com) and submit bookmark to digg.com
  • randomly pick accountB (uses email2 @ address.com) and submit bookmark to digg.com
End result, you will have 1 url subimitted using email1 @ address.com and another using email2 @ address.com

UD:
  • randomly pick email1 @ address.com and submit bookmark to digg.com
  • randomly pick email2 @ address.com and submit bookmark to digg.com
End result, you will have 1 url subimitted using email1 @ address.com and another using email2 @ address.com

As shown above, the main difference between the 2 is that UD requires you to randomly pick an email while BMD does this automatically. Probably a new option "Clone Bookmark Task (and randomly pick a profile)" will be good?

marketfurther wrote:Also, the other suggestion about software directories would be pretty sweet as well. The wiki module is way more important, but soft submits can be useful for diversity too. Excited to here wiki is coming so soon! What platforms are you going to support at the start?

Initial platform supported will be MediaWiki.

marketfurther wrote:How's it coming with more web2's from phpbuilt's list on BHW? Would love to see some more high-pr web2's. Since they are really the anchor for everything else, having as many quality sites as possible is key. Cheers!

We are working on it. It was paused for a short moment while we get Wiki up. Things will be resuming real soon.

oneder wrote:Speaking of which, I'm excited to here about the Wiki feature coming up. Gonna drop MS for UD as you guys are doing a great job on it. I'm two weeks in on my first month, and the features you have built in already are well done and well thought out.

If there is anything you feel that UD can do better, drop a feature request here. We will certainly look into it. :)
kevin
Partner

Postby marketfurther » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 pm

kevin wrote:As shown above, the main difference between the 2 is that UD requires you to randomly pick an email while BMD does this automatically. Probably a new option "Clone Bookmark Task (and randomly pick a profile)" will be good?

Initial platform supported will be MediaWiki.

We are working on it. It was paused for a short moment while we get Wiki up. Things will be resuming real soon.

Thanks for the responses! I LOVE being able to talk directly to you guys. Such awesome respect for your customers! To answer your question, "clone bookmark task and randomly pick a profile" would definitely be good. But even better would be an option to say how many times to clone the task. Let's say I want to do this for 100 accounts. You can see the tedium of one task at a time here. If you could integrate this with account creation too that would also be stellar. What I mean is if I have imported 200 email addresses and want to create bookmarking accounts for all of them in one go, right now that process takes hours to set up. Would be nice to just make one task and then clone it X number of times choosing an unused email address for each.

It would also be nice if the RSS camo could pull new random posts in from the available feeds for each task so the camo pool is unique for each task. Or is there a way to do this already that I am missing?

MediaWiki is certainly one of the most widespread so that is a good start. Please include WikkaWiki next on your list. There aren't as many of them but they are pretty much all DoFollow on that platform.

Great to here about more web2's from PHPBuilt's list. The more of those that you are able to maintain the greater your advantage over competitors I think.
marketfurther

Postby EdwinBrian » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:33 am

marketfurther wrote:Let's say I want to do this for 100 accounts. You can see the tedium of one task at a time here. If you could integrate this with account creation too that would also be stellar. What I mean is if I have imported 200 email addresses and want to create bookmarking accounts for all of them in one go, right now that process takes hours to set up. Would be nice to just make one task and then clone it X number of times choosing an unused email address for each.

Cloning tasks to 100 times is too IO intensive and doing that could cause unknown issues. so currently it cant be done :(

marketfurther wrote:It would also be nice if the RSS camo could pull new random posts in from the available feeds for each task so the camo pool is unique for each task. Or is there a way to do this already that I am missing?

UltimateDemon now only allow rss crawling. It does not have a list that it will keep crawling for latest feeds to generate new tasks. From what we tested, it spoils the user's experience due to the long amount of time spent on crawling for latest feeds.

marketfurther wrote:MediaWiki is certainly one of the most widespread so that is a good start. Please include WikkaWiki next on your list. There aren't as many of them but they are pretty much all DoFollow on that platform.

Awesome. We will look into this platform. Let me know if you found any other wiki platforms.

marketfurther wrote:Great to here about more web2's from PHPBuilt's list. The more of those that you are able to maintain the greater your advantage over competitors I think.

We will look into this and see if they can be integrated into our furture linkwheel. ;)
EdwinBrian
Founder

Postby drucg » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:47 pm

In BMD there is a cloumn for "Has Captcha (Account)" and "Has Captcha (Login9".

I can't find this column in UD, i need this because i backlink my articles and wikis only with non captcha bookmarking sites...

How can i select none Captcha Sites in UD?

And why does BMD support 100 bookmarking sites per default while UD only supports 64?
drucg

Postby EdwinBrian » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:21 pm

drucg wrote:In BMD there is a cloumn for "Has Captcha (Account)" and "Has Captcha (Login9".
I can't find this column in UD, i need this because i backlink my articles and wikis only with non captcha bookmarking sites...
How can i select none Captcha Sites in UD?
And why does BMD support 100 bookmarking sites per default while UD only supports 64?

The column is added in the new version 1.0.4.0 of UD. We will be adding bookmarking sites into UD so it is close to 100 sites. ;)
EdwinBrian
Founder

Postby marketfurther » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:19 am

Great job on getting the wiki module out already. And the threading is now much faster than before! I just posted to 2000 wikis in less than 1.5 hours. Cheers to that. Here's a few issues with the wiki module...

I need the ability to export live links for Wikis. For the most part you can just take the successful sites and append to the URL /index.php?title=User:usernamethatwasused

I'm not getting any active links on my created wikis when using contextual links. I submitted a support ticket already. Your using [http://domain.com keyword here] for the link embedding, right? The link button with "Body" on the task set-up screen should use the proper wiki formatting and not HTML <a href... as this doesn't work on wikis. It would be cool if UD automatically added <br/> for paragraph breaks to keep the article looking better on the wiki page but it's not critical. I can do that when prepping the article anyway.

Also I've never seen a wiki that requires any summary text though I can see the point of keeping that for clonability with Article tasks.
marketfurther

Postby kevin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:54 am

marketfurther wrote:Great job on getting the wiki module out already. And the threading is now much faster than before! I just posted to 2000 wikis in less than 1.5 hours. Cheers to that. Here's a few issues with the wiki module...

I need the ability to export live links for Wikis. For the most part you can just take the successful sites and append to the URL /index.php?title=User:usernamethatwasused

You can export the live links by right clicking on the wiki task and choose "Live Link Report".

marketfurther wrote:I'm not getting any active links on my created wikis when using contextual links. I submitted a support ticket already. Your using [http://domain.com keyword here] for the link embedding, right? The link button with "Body" on the task set-up screen should use the proper wiki formatting and not HTML <a href... as this doesn't work on wikis. It would be cool if UD automatically added <br/> for paragraph breaks to keep the article looking better on the wiki page but it's not critical. I can do that when prepping the article anyway.

Yes. The missing active link is a bug. The percentage to insert a contextual link was set too low. We have just released 1.0.4.1 that addresses this. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

On the link embedding, the plugins for Wiki will automatically convert <a href="">keyword</a> link into the [url keyword_format].

For <br/> conversion, we will look into it.

marketfurther wrote:Also I've never seen a wiki that requires any summary text though I can see the point of keeping that for clonability with Article tasks.

Summary though does not show up on the Wiki page, it is however a field that is used during the submission process. This is why we have it included.
kevin
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to UltimateDemon